Available Start Dates
Jan 8, Feb 5, Mar 4 (1 month, 100% online)
Cost to Enroll
Payment plans available
The Model Creation course teaches computer modeling with polygon surfaces. Students will focus on developing their skills as computer-graphic (CG) artists, leveraging the traditional fine-arts principles of shape and silhouette, scale and proportion, and edge quality and integrating them with strategies to build better CG models. Students are introduced to a variety of modeling tools, the capabilities of each tool, and the results of interactions between tools. Students will develop techniques and strategies for efficiently creating virtual models for animation, film, and games.
Why Take This Course
- Understand what it takes to create believable, artistic, and compelling computer-graphic models.
- Explore creating models for a variety of media, including educational videos, commercials, games, and film.
- Get familiar with software like Epic Unreal, Substance Painter, and Autodesk Maya.
What You’ll Need
Basic computer skills
Knowledge of foundational 3-D art concepts
Some traditional art experience, such as sketching, sculpting, or painting
A PC Laptop, with minimum specs of:
- Windows 10 or 11 64bit
- Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7
- RTX 2080 or Quadro RTX 4000 graphics card
- 16GB of RAM
What You’ll Receive
All students will receive temporary licenses for:
- Microsoft 365
- Autodesk Maya (1 year student license available with student number provided by DC3)
- Substance Painter
All courses at Full Sail DC3 are taught by expert, responsive educators who have years of experience in their subject. They bring a deep knowledge of industry best practices and workflows and share it with you, to support your education and help move you along your learning path.
About Full Sail DC3
Full Sail DC3 is a dynamic, short-form education platform that offers online courses and accredited certifications. With the values and benefits of Full Sail University, DC3 is backed by over 40 years of experience in entertainment media and emerging technology, as well as more than a decade of experience delivering compelling online education.Learn More About DC3